RDA Brakes has Australia’s “Largest and most comprehensive” range of brake Drums.
RDA have a full range of Brake Shoes that are made to suit our Drums.
Drum brakes are still used in some modern cars and most smaller cars, because of some engineering and cost advantages. They are often applied to the rear wheels since most of the stopping force is generated by the front brakes of the vehicle and therefore the heat generated in the rear is significantly less.
Drum brakes, like most other types,are designed to convert kinetic energy into heat energy via the process of friction. This heat is intended to be further transferred to atmosphere, but can just as easily transfer into other components of the braking system. Brake drums have to be large to cope with the massive forces that are involved, and they must be able to absorb and dissipate a lot of heat. Excessive heating can occur due to heavy or repeated braking which can cause the drum to distort, leading to vibration under braking. Excessive heating of the brake drums can cause the brake fluid to vaporise, which reduces the hydraulic pressure being applied to the brake shoes.
Therefore less retardation is achieved for a given amount of pressure on the pedal.
The effect is worsened by poor maintenance.
- If the brake fluid is old and has absorbed moisture it thus has a lower boiling point and brake fade occurs sooner.
- Brake fade is not always due to the effects of overheating.
- If water gets between the friction surfaces and the drum, it acts as a lubricant and reduces braking efficiency.
- The water tends to stay there until it is heated sufficiently to vaporise, at which point braking efficiency is fully restored.
- All friction braking systems have a maximum theoretical rate of energy conversion.
- Once that rate has been reached, applying greater pedal pressure will not result in a change of this rate, and indeed the effects mentioned can substantially reduse it.
- Ultimately this is what brake brake fade is, regardless of the mechanism of its causes.
- When replacing brake drums, care should be taken in relacing the brake fluid and brake shoes, in all instances.
- All RDA brake drums are covered by our 12 month 20,000km warranty.
- Our comprehensive range is not limited to just recently released vehicles, but also includes applications for many older vehicles dating back to the 1950s.
NISSAN NAVARA D40 2007 onwards REAR BRAKE DRUMS – PRODUCT CODE : RDA6830 (PAIR)
- NISSAN NAVARA D23 NP300 BB4D23 2.3TD 120Kw RX KING CAB 2 Door 4WD 1/2015 onwards REAR
- NISSAN NAVARA D23 NP300 BB4D23 2.3TTD 140Kw ST, ST-X KING CAB 2 Door 4WD 1/2015 onwards REAR
- NISSAN NAVARA D23 NP300 CA2D23 2.5L 122Kw DX 4 Door 2WD 1/2015 onwards REAR
- NISSAN NAVARA D23 NP300 CB2D23 2.3TD 120Kw RX 4 Door 2WD 1/2015 onwards REAR
- NISSAN NAVARA D23 NP300 CB2D23 2.3TTD 140Kw ST, ST-X 4 Door 2WD 1/2015 onwards REAR
- NISSAN NAVARA D23 NP300 CB4D23 2.3TD 120Kw RX 4 Door 4WD 1/2015 onwards REAR
- NISSAN NAVARA D23 NP300 CB4D23 2.3TTD 140Kw ST, ST-X 4 Door 4WD 1/2015 onwards REAR
- NISSAN NAVARA D23 NP300 DA2D23 2.5L 122Kw DX 2 Door 2WD 1/2015 onwards REAR
- Drum Diameter 270mm
- Machine Face 67.5mm
- Hub Hole 68mm
- Drum Total Width 85.6mm
- Drum Wear Limit 271.5mm
- 6 Stud holes
- Rear Fitment
YOU ARE BUYING:
- 1X REAR Left Drum
- 1X REAR Right Drum
Drums are a direct bolt on item, fitting exactly like the factory items and not needing any other modifications.
Navlife is an authorised RDA & EBC brakes supplier, purchasing with us means you have a full extensive Warranty as outlined above. Buying from an un-authorised reseller will compromise your 12 months, 20,000Km warranty.
* All Brake products from Rotors & Drums Australia are covered under a extensive 12 months 20,000 Km replacement warranty.The product is not covered when used in off road, competition or club racing purposes and is designed for normal street use only. Parts are not covered if incorrectly fitted.